Bible Scripture: The Conflicts In Man or Woman

[Bible Scripture] The Conflicts In Man or Woman
THE CONFLICTS IN MAN/WOMAN

MEMORY VERSE: "It seems to be a fact of life that when I want to do what is right, I immediately do what is wrong. I love God's will so far as my new nature is concerned, but there is something else deep within me, in my lover nature, that is at wat with my mind and wins the fight and makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me" (Romans 7:21-25)

Romans  7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

While scriptures in the above verses succinctly explain the hopelessness of any person in all attempts to avoid sinning, the Bible seems to prepare for us an escape route. The only way out is to avoid seeing what we see (the "seen") and make converted efforts to see what we do not see with carnal eyes (the "unseen") The "seens" are the things of this world - the worldiness which corrupts our minds, and eyes. e.g. obscene pictures on electronic print media. Television, Videos, YouTube, Magazines, News Papers, Bill Bonds etc; the attraction of economic and spoils of political power. All these are the carrots which Satan more often than not dangles before man  to draw him away from things of heaven. You are advised against conforming with the aforementioned (Romans 12)

There is none who does not know the difference between doing good and evil (Micah 6:8)

Micah  6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

You begin a new beginning today by living your life along the paths outlined in (Ephesians 4:22-31).

Ephesians  4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;  4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.  4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
4:27 Neither give place to the devil.
4:28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Doing so, you would be less carnal so that you can see the spiritual (the unseen)" The result of being less carnal will draw you further away from all the worthless worldiness of our permissive society with it's attendants consequences.

May God give you the grace to live a Life not dictated by carnality. Amen.

1. Obsession for wealth anoints to conformity to the system of this world.
Please discuss

2. Why did the scripture say judgement would begin from the house of God (1st Peter 4:17)?

1 Peter  4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Post a Comment

0 Comments